In my earlier post i have discussed how you can bypass the Cyberoam Firewall to access the blocked websites. But then one of the biggest questions that still remained, Can we bypass the usage limit set by the Cyberoam admins. Well now I have the answers for you that how you can bypass Cyberoam usage limit and download unlimited data at a much improved speed.
So what will this trick do :
Well very often the Cyberoam admins put a bandwidth limit on each users account so as to control how much data transfer can be made from a single account in 24 hr. In my case the limit was set to 200 MB. This trick gave me a way to bypass this bandwidth limit and download as much as i wanted.
So what are the tools required :
Well for this tool you’ll need following software :
- TOR : Tor is a free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis.
- A separate web browser, that is other than the portable Firefox that comes with the tor
That’s it if you have these you are good to go.
So how to Bypass Cyberoam Usage Bandwidth Limit :
Well all you have to do is to follow the simple steps below:
- Open the web browser and login with your username and password to the Cyberoam client. Remember this is necessary that you are able to login to the Cyberoam client for Tor to connect.
- Open Tor by double-clicking the Start Tor Browser.exe file. Wait for it connect and then it will launch the portable Firefox.
- Once the browser(portable Firefox) is launched now you can check the connectivity by opening any site over there.
- Voila, you have done it now you can logout of the Cyberoam client that you had opened in the other browser and continue browsing in the portable version of the Firefox launched by the Tor.
Note: Browse only using the portable Firefox of the tor browser or you’ll have to again login to the Cyberoam client.
And what about the speed boost:
Well here are a few tricks to boost your internet download speed when in a Cyberoam firewall.
While you are downloading a file use a download manager like IDM and when the download starts logout of the Cyberoam client to see the significant increase in the download speed. (up to 3 times).
Note: these worked for me and my friends too so will work for you do comment to tell us if it worked.